After many years of evolution, Tipsy Texan and the Austin Food & Wine Alliance are thrilled to present the 2018 Official Drink of Austin competition embodying the spirit of the Austin cocktail culture.
Winning venue will win the right to serve the Official Drink of Austin for the entire year following the competition and to serve as the Ambassador of the Official Drink at various events throughout the year.
Qualification: Participating bars must be located in the Greater Austin area and hold a mixed beverage permit. They can be stand-alone bars, or operate inside a restaurant or hotel.
- Submissions are limited to one recipe per restaurant/bar.
- It is essential that cocktails utilize local produce, flavors and highlight local culinary traditions. The recipe must feature at least one local spirit, bitters, ingredient or non-alcoholic mixer.
- Dessert drinks are not permitted in this competition.
- Drinks not featuring one of the below spirits below will not be considered.
- Bars will use the form provided to submit recipe information. The form requests cocktail name, ingredients, method, type of glass and type of ice, if applicable.
- Recipes must be submitted online no later than midnight on Monday, March 26.
If you have any questions or for sponsorship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org