Thursday October 4, 2018
Palmer Events Center
The Culinary Arts Career Conference (CACC) was developed to give Central Texas high school culinary arts students the opportunity to learn and gain inspiration through direct connection to people from a wide spectrum of career paths in the culinary world.
Culinary Arts Career Conference
The CACC offers a one-of-a-kind immersive experience for aspiring culinarians to interact with top culinary pros in the following ways:
- Panel discussions featuring top local food entrepreneurs and culinary experts
- Engaging workshops with artisan producers
- Cooking demonstrations from high profile local chefs
- Opportunities to compete with peers in cooking competitions and rub elbows in the kitchen with real-life cooks
Since its inception in 2013, CACC has hosted more than 2,000 students from over 70 Central Texas high schools, connecting them to more than 75 unique panelists, speakers, chefs and local culinary mentors.
The Austin Food & Wine Alliance needs your help to continue to inspire, inform, educate and connect these students to our culinary community.
For the cost of three glasses of wine, you can send one high school student to CACC. Any gift you can give (even the cost of a latte) will grow the impact we have on Central Texas students.
Becoming a sponsor or hosting a booth at the CACC puts you in the unique position of getting in front of 600+ sophomores, juniors, and seniors from 25 high schools. Sponsors enjoy increased brand awareness and engagement with their product or service. Additionally, there are opportunities to beta-test new products or concepts dependent on level of sponsorship.
The support of the Central Texas food community for aspiring youth in culinary arts is unparalleled. By taking time out of their busy schedules to participate in the Culinary Arts Career Conference, these generous local food heroes are truly investing in the future of our culinary landscape.
Past Keynote Speakers include:
- Alejandro Velez, Co-Founder of Back to the Roots
- Aaron Franklin, Pitmaster & Owner of Franklin’s Barbecue
- Clayton Christopher, Founder of Sweet Leaf Tea
- Hoover Alexander, Chef & Owner of Hoover’s Cooking
- Jae Kim, Owner of Chi’Lantro
- Kari Underly, Butcher & Owner of Range, Inc.
- Rene Ortiz, Chef & Owner of Fresa’s Chicken al Carbon, Launderette
Past Education Panels Include:
- Grub on the Go: Exploring the Food Truck Business
- Landing The Job: Do’s & Don’ts in the Professional World
- Making Big Ideas Happen: Entrepreneurs Speak Out
- Starting a Food Business: Artisans & Innovators
- Taking Charge: Success Stories of Women in Food
- Will Write for Food: The World of Food Media
Thank You To Our Sponsors