Thursday April 4, 2019 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Live Fire! is a beef-centric live-fire cooking event featuring the best sizzling proteins and cooking craftmanship along with wine beer and spirits tastings. Save the date for the 2019 Live Fire! Viva Mexíco! on Thursday, April 4!
Live Fire! is a celebration of the incredible flavor profiles that emerge when beef is cooked over an open flame.
Beef lovers revel in a one-night-only menu of the most creative, daring and delicious dishes that our extraordinary lineup of stellar chefs can sear up. In between bites, flame-loving fans will sample the dazzling array of cocktails, craft brews and exceptional wines, guaranteed to cool down and chill out.
The 9th Annual Live Fire! is coming in hot in Spring 2019, celebrating the flavors of Mexico in the form of tantalizing beef recipes.
Save the 2019 date: Thursday, April 4 and be the first to know about tickets
Proceeds from this event help fund our ground-breaking culinary grant program
Drool over our 2018 chef specialties
Live Fire! 2018 delivered a sizzling evening celebrating the colorful spirit of Mexico to a sold-out crowd.
Local star chefs such as Aaron Franklin of Franklin Barbecue and Sam Hellman-Mass of Suerte shared the flames with Oaxaca-based cookbook author and PBS-Television host Susana Trilling and Val Cantu of two-Michelin-starred restaurant Californios in San Francisco for a truly spectacular offering of creative beef dishes.
Attendees washed down the beefy goodness with a special, limited edition brew from Hops & Grain and an array of wine and spirit samples from Texas and beyond, while enjoying tunes from Vanessa del Fierro and the Mariachi Las Coronelas Trio.
Check out the photos from this year’s Live Fire on Facebook!
- Aaron Franklin of Franklin Barbecue – Cajeta Burnt Ends
- Alma Alcocer-Thomas of El Alma Restaurante and Bar – Tostadas de Lengua de Res – Arbol Salsa y Encurtido
- Andrew Stiver of Vista Brewing – Barbacoa with Poblanos Mole, Grilled Nopales, Pickled Spring Onion, and Cilantro
- Anne Ng and Jeremy Mandrell of Bakery Lorraine – Cookies – Dark Chocolate Mezcal Macarons, Mexican Wedding Cookies, and Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Atticus Garant and Jason Purcell of Garrison (Fairmont Austin) – Smoked Beef Shank – Almond Mole, Seasonal Banchan, and Black Bean Arepa
- Brent Fogerty of Cold One Pops – Chocolate Mole Fudgesicle
- Daniel Brooks of Licha’s Cantina – Tacos de Alambre con Tortilla de Maiz y Huitlacoche
- Evan LeRoy of LeRoy & Lewis – Smoked Barbacoa and Beef-Fat Refried Beans
- Fermín Núñez and Sam Hellman-Mass of Suerte – Tetela al Carbon Triangle Stuffed Masa, Brisket Refried Beans, and Queso Oaxaca
- Gabe Erales of Dai Due Taquería – Brochetas – Mushroom-Adobo Braised Lengua, Chichilo Negro, House-Made Mexican Heirloom Corn Tortillas
- Joaquin Cardoso and Sofia Cortina Camargo of Hotel Carlota – Oxtail Tamal, Recado Negro, Beans, Greek Yogurt, and Xni-Pec Habanero Salsa
- Katherine Clapner of Dude, Sweet Chocolate – Croquettes, Chocolate, and Crickets
- Kevin Taylor of ATX Cocina – Cecina, Chile Adobo, Hoja Santa, Mochomos, and Cebolla
- Laura Sawicki of Fresa’s Chicken al Carbon – Chamomile Ice Cream Sundae with Saffron Pineapple, Añejo Tequila Caramel, and Masa Crumble
- Louis Ciola of Salt & Time – Cecina Asada Skewers with Salsas
- Miguel Vidal and Modesty Vidal of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ – Mesquite-Smoked Beef Fajita Street Tacos on Handmade Flour Tortillas
- Page Pressley of Emmer & Rye – Beef Short Rib Carnitas
- Rene Ortiz of Fresa’s Chicken al Carbon – Oaxacan Smoked Beef Ribs with Humita Blanca, Black Bean Mole, and Salsa Macha
- Rick Lopez of La Condesa – Tacos de Mollejas with Salsa Tomatillo, Confit Onion, and Charred Cactus
- Rico Torres and Diego Galicia of Mixtli – Beef Striploin Pepitos
- Susana Trilling and Kaelin Ulrich Trilling of Seasons of My Heart – Skirt Steak Tacos with Chichilo Mole on Smoked Eggplant
- Val Cantu of Californios – Wagyu Carne Asada with Black Truffle Mole
- Whole Foods Market Experience – Mole Spice Bags
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Don’t miss the scorching fun – sign up for our mailing list to get the details for Live Fire! 2019!