The Austin Food & Wine Alliance is non-profit organization dedicated to fostering awareness and innovation in the Central Texas culinary community through grants, educational programming and events. Guided by an all-volunteer board of directors and committees made up of culinary-and-community-minded professionals, the Alliance’s commitment is to promote Texas food, wine, spirits and craft brews and to increase appreciation of Texas’ culinary impact.
Since 2012, the Austin Food & Wine Alliance has awarded $115,000 to selected organizations/individuals for the purpose of culinary innovation that contributes to the Austin and/or Central Texas community.
Grant applications will be available beginning Oct. 18, 2017 through Dec. 1, 2017. All applications must be digitally received by Dec. 1, 2017 (by midnight). Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Grant applications will be reviewed and considered by the AFWA 2017 Grant Selection Committee, a panel composed of community members and culinary professionals. Recipients and non-recipients will be notified no later than Sunday, Jan. 21, 2017. Grants will be awarded at a ceremony in February.
All information submitted during the grant application process will remain confidential. Grant selection committee members have signed non-disclosure agreements.
Grant Eligibility — Grant recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Food and beverage artisans, producers, chefs/culinary professionals farmers, wine-, beer- and spirit-makers, and food-focused non-profits serving the Austin and or Central Texas Community
- Must be located in Central Texas (within the following counties): Bastrop, Bexar, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hays, Kerr, Kendall, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis and Williamson
- Must demonstrate how the grant will be used for culinary innovation
- Must demonstrate community giveback and/or show the impact the initiative will have on the community
- Represent fiduciary responsibility and transparency
- Must follow the reporting and accountability guidelines
- Agree to participate in PR and social media initiatives to promote AFWA & Grant Program
- Agree to AFWA website presence and mutual promotion of AFWA & Grant Program
- Must provide three written reference letters as to why you or your organization should receive an AFWA grant and detail the reference’s relationship
GRANT REPORTING GUIDELINES:
Grantees are required to submit two performance reports updating the AFWA Board of Directors on the progress achieved since receiving the grant. These reports must be submitted 6 months into receiving the grant and at the one-year mark of receiving the grant and may include presentation to the AFWA Board of Directors. The final performance report will serve as a permanent record of the grantee’s accomplishments. These reports will provide information to the grant committee and staff as they evaluate the significance and impact of the AFWA grants. You will be notified in advance with deadlines on when your grant reports will be due.
If you have any questions about the culinary grant program or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org