Watch to Learn More About Our Grant Program
The Austin Food & Wine Alliance Culinary Grant Program is the nation’s first program to provide funding that supports culinary innovation and contributes to the local community.
The epicurean landscape continues to evolve. We realized that while there are VCs for startups and grants for humanitarian causes and small business loans, there was a huge gap in the market for people that are literally making the future of food.
Grants are awarded to support chefs, farmers, wine-, beer-, and spirit-makers, artisan producers, food-focused nonprofits, and educational groups. The AFWA’s culinary grants are made possible via proceeds from our annual signature events, beneficiary events, and generous community donations.
If you want to make an impact, right now, click here and donate, fund a grant, sponsor an event, or designate us as a beneficiary for your event.
Austin Food & Wine Alliance has awarded $252,500 in grants to the Central Texas culinary community since 2012.
2018 – $60,000
- Barton Springs Mill, $15,000
- Multicultural Refugee Coalition, $10,000
- Bee Tree Farm & Dairy, $10,000
- Foodways Texas, $7,500
- Lost Pines Yaupon Tea, $5,000
- Jesse Griffiths, $5,000
- Texas High School BBQ Cookers, $2,500
- Zanzenberg Farms, $2,500
- Urban Roots, $2,500
- The Grower Project, Honorable Mention
- Central Texas Farmers Cooperative, Honorable Mention
2017 – $50,000
- Snodgrass Farms, $12,500
- FOND Bone Broth, $10,000
- Hills of Milk and Honey Farm, $7,500
- The Cook’s Nook, $5,000
- LeRoy & Lewis BBQ Truck & Catering, $5,000
- Skull & Cakebones Bakery, $5,000
- Farmshare Austin, $2,500
- Yard to Market Cooperative, $2,500
2016 – $27,500
- Keep Austin Fed, $10,000
- Miche Bread, $7,500
- La Flaca Urban Gardens, $5,000
- SRSLY Chocolate, $2,500
- Austin Ed Fund, $2,500
2015 – $40,000
2014 – $30,000
- New Farm Institute, $10,000
- Springdale Center for Urban Agriculture, $7,500
- Fresh Chefs Society, $5,000
- Growers Alliance of Central Texas, $5,000
- Anjore, $2,500
2013 – $25,000