Apply For A Grant
Grant applications for 2019 are now closed. We accept grant applications for a month annually in the fall. Grant applications are reviewed and considered by the AFWA Grant Selection Committee, a panel composed of community members and culinary professionals.
All information submitted during the grant application process will remain confidential and grant selection committee members have signed non-disclosure agreements.
Grant recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Food and beverage artisans, producers, chefs/culinary professionals farmers, wine-, beer- and spirit-makers, and food-focused non-profits serving the Austin and or Central Texas Community
- Must be located in Central Texas (within the following counties): Bastrop, Bexar, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hays, Kerr, Kendall, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis and Williamson
- Must demonstrate how the grant will be used for culinary innovation
- Must demonstrate community giveback and/or show the impact the initiative will have on the community
- Represent fiduciary responsibility and transparency
- Must follow the reporting and accountability guidelines
- Agree to participate in PR and social media initiatives to promote AFWA & Grant Program
- Agree to AFWA website presence and mutual promotion of AFWA & Grant Program
- Must submit three (3) current reference letters with dates detailing relationship to the organization/individual and explaining why the applicant should receive a grant
A Few Tips for Applicants:
- Provide funding options on your application. If the grant judging committee doesn’t award the amount requested, tell them what you could do with a lesser amount to move your project forward.
- Grant winners are selected from the pool of applications submitted for that year. In some years, that may mean there are more artisan producers or farmers but don’t assume the same type of applicant will be more favored than others.
- Judges review all materials submitted. Grants are awarded based on meeting the grant criteria, complete application information and goals of each applicant.
2019 Special Grants
Each year, the Austin Food & Wine Alliance offers special grants funded by businesses that support our culinary community. The Grant Selection Committee will award these grants from among this year’s applicants based on the specific qualifications of each “named” grant. Check out this year’s named grants!